Inflation panicking is 1970s hangover, says economic historian Adam Tooze
Why are so many people panicking about rising inflation these days? For economic historian Adam Tooze, it's "sort of undigested legacy of the trauma of the 1970s," the last time the US and Western Europe experienced high-sky inflation, and we're still "working off the hangover from 50 years ago." Watch his interview with Ian Bremmer on the latest episode of GZERO World.
Watch this episode of GZERO World with Ian Bremmer:How the COVID-damaged economy surprised Adam Tooze
- What saved the global economy from another Great Depression ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: 50 years of US inflation vs interest rates - GZERO ... ›
- Will Biden's spending bring inflation back from the dead? - GZERO ... ›
- S2 Episode 2: Inflation, interest rates, and economic recovery ... ›
- Think buying American will help ease inflation? Larry Summers says it won’t - GZERO Media ›