TikTok is the ultimate propaganda tool, says tech expert Scott Galloway
Social media has revolutionized the way we connect with each other, but at what cost? On GZERO World, Ian Bremmer speaks to tech expert and NYU Professor Scott Galloway, who thinks that Facebook and Meta are the ultimate espionage tools, collecting vast amounts of data that even intelligence agencies couldn't have dreamed of. He also suspects that the reason Facebook hasn't been regulated yet is that there may be some secret deal between them and the government security guys.
But when it comes to TikTok, Galloway thinks that the widely popular app, developed by a Chinese company, is the ultimate propaganda tool. He thinks the Chinese Communist Party would be dumb not to "put their finger on the scales" and adjust the content to make the West look bad. The scary thing is, we might not even know we're being played.
Galloway fears the younger generation is slowly being manipulated without knowing it, and they're feeling worse about America without realizing the progress we've made in various areas. TikTok a key culprit behind this trend.
Learn more about Galloway's eye-opening insights on GZERO World with Ian Bremmer, airing on US public television stations nationwide, starting this weekend. Check local listings.
- Sen. Mitt Romney on TikTok: Shut it down ›
- Hard Numbers: Qatar gets snubbed, Croatia gets Schengen nod, Nigerians get less cash, Indiana gets tough on TikTok ›
- Hard Numbers: World Cup emissions, Russian mercs on TikTok, peak US inflation, Spanish letter bombs ›
- Graphic Truth: The world is crazy for TikTok ›
- The AI arms race begins: Scott Galloway’s optimism & warnings - GZERO Media ›
- Ian interviews Scott Galloway: the ChatGPT revolution & tech peril - GZERO Media ›