Episode 5: Energy transition today
Listen: "It actually all comes down to one thing and that's money," says Raad Alkadiri, Managing Director of Energy, Climate and Resources at Eurasia Group. "Will there be the money for investment in renewables, in energy efficiency made available? And I'm not just talking about the industrialized world, I'm talking about globally."
In the latest episode of Living Beyond Borders, a podcast produced in partnership between GZERO and Citi Global Wealth Investments, Alkadiri is joined by Malcolm Spittler, Global Investment Strategist and Senior US Economist at Citi Global Wealth Investments, to look at where the energy transition to renewable fuels stands globally, after setbacks from the pandemic and geopolitical instability.
They discuss the increasing need for energy security being a big driver for renewable energy in regions like Europe, how the war in Ukraine is still affecting energy markets, and what kinds of investments need to happen in technology and infrastructure to realize more sustainable and cleaner energy globally.
Global Investment Strategist & Senior US Economist, Citi Global Wealth Investments
Managing Director of Energy, Climate and Resources, Eurasia Group
Managing Director of Climate and Sustainability, Eurasia Group
- Episode 7: Future-proofing: How we fix broken supply chains ›
- Episode 9: US/China power struggle, the global political balance, and your finances ›
- Episode 1: Should I STILL be worried? ›
- S3 Episode 9: US/China power struggle, the global political balance, and your finances - GZERO Media ›
- Episode 6: Can the US and China find common ground? - GZERO Media ›