Listen: Europe is bracing for a tough winter ahead. An escalating Russia/Ukraine war has mobilized much of Europe to Kyiv’s cause, but it’s also rocked the region, bringing a plethora of economic, political, and social challenges that will last long after the war is over. How will the continent make it out of what looks to be a particularly bleak winter? On the GZERO World podcast, Ian Bremmer discusses all that and more with German diplomat Christoph Heusgen, who served as his country’s Ambassador to the United Nations and is now the Chairman of the Munich Security Conference.
- Following Ukraine’s Crimea bridge attack, expect Putin to escalate "until he collapses" ›
- German Chancellor Scholz's controversial China trip ›
- Does the EU really have a foreign policy? ›
- The EU’s natural gas troubles won’t end after ditching Russia ›
- Europe’s Russian gas dilemma ›
- The Graphic Truth: Thirsty for Russian energy ›