Disinformation the “biggest threat” from Russia – Anne-Marie Slaughter
The Kremlin has long been waging disinformation campaigns to try and destabilize other countries. For Anne-Marie Slaughter, CEO of New America and a former US State Department official, “longer term, that is the single biggest threat that Russia poses.” The information domain is a “battlefield” of its own, Slaughter notes, and Vladimir Putin, a former KGB agent, is an expert in using information “to divide and conquer.”
Slaughter spoke with moderator David Sanger in GZERO Media's Global Stage livestream discussion at the Munich Security Conference.
- Will Putin invade Ukraine? - GZERO Media ›
- Is Putin still Soviet? Wrong question - GZERO Media ›
- Microsoft's Brad Smith: Disinformation creating a “more polarized ... ›
- Disinformation is a big problem. So, what can we do about it ... ›
- Limiting Putin's propaganda: Big tech & the Russia-Ukraine war - GZERO Media ›