Putin's NATO miscalculation
After weeks of military buildup and lies, Russia has attacked Ukraine.
We are watching a worst-case scenario — a full invasion by land, sea, and cyberspace — play out in real time. With diplomacy dead, Western allies are now turning to sanctions.
The mood was somber at the recent Munich Security Conference, where world leaders were scrambling to avoid exactly this outcome.
But the invasion comes with a big unintended consequence for Vladimir Putin: NATO unity.
Russian aggression in Ukraine has brought NATO allies closer together than they've been since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- How to punish Putin - GZERO Media ›
- What We're Watching: Zelensky stays put as EU, US sanction Putin ... ›
- Russian cyber attack could trigger NATO's Article 5, warns NATO ... ›
- US & NATO will draw a hard line on Russian aggression in Ukraine ... ›
- How NATO absorbed its old foes | The Graphic Truth - GZERO Media ›