Podcast: How we overcome infectious disease with a public health renaissance
Listen: Former CDC chief Tom Frieden says he's stunned by how infectious COVID is compared to other diseases. The pandemic isn't over yet, he tells Ian Bremmer on the GZERO World podcast, thanks to long COVID plus the fact that we can't predict how the virus will play out in the future. Frieden's advice for everyone is to get vaxxed and boosted, to "keep yourself out of the hospital and, quite frankly, out of the morgue," since new variants could emerge, making the virus more deadly.
He also shares his thoughts on why China needs to transition to "almost" zero-COVID, the post-pandemic need to invest more in public health, and whether we should worry about monkeypox. Until we put more money toward research, he adds, we won't be able to control infectious diseases — rather, they will continue to control us.
- Should we worry about monkeypox? - GZERO Media ›
- The problem with China's Zero COVID strategy | GZERO World ... ›
- Podcast: Journalist Barkha Dutt on India's COVID calamity - GZERO ... ›
- Podcast: The Race to Vaccinate: Dr. Atul Gawande Provides ... ›
- After COVID vaccines, time to use mRNA tech against other ... ›