The Graphic Truth: This day dwarfs Black Friday
Black Friday in the US is no longer the most lucrative day globally for online sales. Less than a decade ago, it was overtaken by Singles Day, an unofficial shopping holiday for unmarried people in China championed by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba. Alibaba's competitor JD has since entered the fray, and now both independently exceed the performance of US online retailers on America's big annual internet spending spree around Thanksgiving. Still, China's population size is more than four times that of the US, and Chinese online shoppers spend a lot less per capita than Americans. We look at online sales on Alibaba and JD compared to those in the US on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- The Graphic Truth: Will US kids get their toys on time? - GZERO Media ›
- Will Biden be the Grinch this year? - GZERO Media ›
- China and US economic interdependence hasn't lessened - GZERO ... ›
- Why is Xi Jinping willing to slow down China's economy? - GZERO ... ›
- The Graphic Truth: China's growing share of the world economy ... ›