An economic historian's biggest lesson learned from the pandemic so far
For economic historian Adam Tooze, the biggest lesson learned from COVID so far is we need to invest in a tech-driven science apparatus as insurance against a future similar public health crisis that can kill millions and wipe out 20 percent of GDP in just months, a risk we didn't take seriously enough. "We do have a magic wand, we do have the silver bullet, and we should be doubling down on that." Watch his interview with Ian Bremmer on the latest episode of GZERO World.
Watch this episode of GZERO World with Ian Bremmer:How the COVID-damaged economy surprised Adam Tooze
- The surprising history of disaster - GZERO Media ›
- Can small islands save themselves from climate change? - GZERO ... ›
- How the Moderna vaccine works, why it's effective, and how it'll be ... ›
- How will we deal with the next pandemic? - GZERO Media ›
- Geoengineering: science fiction or a solution to the climate crisis ... ›