Europe's new "Iron Lady" Kaja Kallas
Kaja Kallas became Estonia’s first female Prime Minister in 2021 and has been called Europe’s new Iron Lady. Since assuming office, she has been one of the strongest voices in Europe condemning Vladimir Putin and Russian aggression. She's also been one of Ukrainian President Zelensky's staunchest supporters. "The war is going much better than we thought a year ago," she tells Ian Bremmer while on the sidelines of the annual Munich Security Conference in Germany. But she's also aware that the road ahead is full of challenges. "Ukraine has survived and has fought very hard, but to look into the future, how is it going in the future? Do we see any way out of this? It's very hard to say."
Catch Ian Bremmer's full interview with Kaja Kallas on this week's episode of "GZERO World with Ian Bremmer," airing on US public television stations nationwide. Check local listings.
- Ukraine is fighting for all of us, says Estonia's former president Kersti Kaljulaid ›
- Can Europe remain united? - GZERO Media ›
- Hard Numbers: Dutch riot, Israel's COVID balancing act, Estonia's new PM, Germans heart Biden ›
- Is Putin still Soviet? Wrong question ›
- "Peace" under authoritarian occupation isn't peaceful: Estonia's Kaja Kallas - GZERO Media ›
- When Russia is your neighbor: Estonian PM Kaja Kallas' frontline POV - GZERO Media ›
- Nord Stream explosion mystery: We need proof, says Estonia's PM Kaja Kallas - GZERO Media ›
- GZERO celebrates International Women's Day - GZERO Media ›