A different Davos amid geopolitical conflicts and security issues
Carl Bildt, former prime minister of Sweden shares his view from the 2022 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
What are the topics and discussions going on in Davos, this year?
It's a very different Davos. It's fewer people. There are obviously no Russians. They are banned from here, rightly so. There are hardly any Chinese. And a lot of the discussion is, of course, where is the world heading? This is not the world that Davos wanted to create. It's a world of geopolitical conflicts. It's a world of security issues. But it's a world where we still need to come together and see if we can find common solution on the green transition, on the digital issues, and after all, also on peace and war.
- Brad Smith: Russia's war in Ukraine started on Feb 23 in cyberspace ... ›
- Ukraine war dominates Davos discussions - GZERO Media ›
- Is the world coming apart? Drama at Davos - GZERO Media ›
- Davos exhibit reveals civilian death toll in Ukraine - GZERO Media ›
- Wolfgang Ischinger: Ukraine made German foreign policy go "out the window" - GZERO Media ›
- Highlights from Davos 2022 - GZERO Media ›