Russian unpredictability & Finland's border threat
January 24, 2023
Finland isn't taking its eastern neighbor for granted. Yes, that means you, Russia.
Indeed, the Finns don't one of Europe's largest standing armies to defend themselves against Sweden, former PM Alexander Stubb tells Ian Bremmer on GZERO World, on the ground in Davos.
“If you have a 1,340-kilometer border with Russia, you always have be concerned because, as we can see, Russia is quite unpredictable,” he explains.
As a neighbor with many friends across the border, Stubb regrets that he's looking at years, if not decades, of Russian isolation, which he regards as "a sad reality, but a reality nevertheless.”
Watch the GZERO World episode: Russia's tragic brutality and the humbling of the West
From Your Site Articles
- Putin only understands power and force, says Finland’s former PM ›
- Russia has pushed Finland towards full NATO membership: former Finnish PM Alexander Stubb ›
- Why Finland’s top diplomat is proud of EU's response to Russia ›
- Finland “investing in security and stability” with NATO push ›
- When Russia is your neighbor: Estonian PM Kaja Kallas' frontline POV - GZERO Media ›
Read moreShow less