Podcast: The COVID-damaged global economy surprised Adam Tooze
September 25, 2021
Listen: The pandemic hit the global economy hard, and many economies are still hurting. But it could have been even worse. In May 2020 as a guest on the GZERO World podcast, economic historian Adam Tooze told Ian Bremmer that the world was facing a second Great Depression. In a new interview, Tooze is back to take stock and explains why the US economy rebounded so surprisingly fast, while much of the rest of the world lags behind.
Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
From Your Site Articles
- What saved the global economy from another Great Depression ... ›
- Podcast: The LSE's Minouche Shafik on how to fix our broken ... ›
- Podcast: Elizabeth Kolbert on extreme climate solutions - GZERO ... ›
- Is a second great depression coming? Adam Tooze on international ... ›
- Podcast: No Empire lasts forever: How China’s rise could trigger a new world order - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Man-made crisis: how do we survive on the planet we warmed? UN environment chief explains - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Grading Biden on foreign policy with journalist Robin Wright - GZERO Media ›
- S3 Episode 3: Will there be a recession? - GZERO Media ›