Tony Blair has fond memories of the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Speaking to Ian Bremmer on GZERO World, the former British PM recalls what it was like to meet her for the first time. His first impression: deep respect for her historical experience.
For Blair, the queen was pretty much the only constant feature of life in the UK throughout all the social changes the country has seen since she was crowned in the 1950s.
To those who view the monarchy as an outdated institution, the former British PM says: don't worry, it's safe.
- What is the Commonwealth? - GZERO Media ›
- Queen Elizabeth's death marks turning point for the UK - GZERO ... ›
- Remembering Queen Elizabeth II - GZERO Media ›
- The end of an era: Queen Elizabeth II dies - GZERO Media ›
- Liz Truss' unenviable new gig - GZERO Media ›
- Tony Blair on Liz Truss & a post-Brexit UK on the brink - GZERO Media ›