Podcast: American democracy is in danger, warns Ben Rhodes
Listen: Ben Rhodes, a former Deputy National Security Adviser to President Barack Obama, joins Ian Bremmer to talk about the state of American democracy in the 21st century. Trump, he says, cannot take all the blame for the US's fall from grace on the global stage. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the 2008 financial crisis and disinformation on social media have all played a big role too. What will it take to get America back on track and restore the country's place in the world as a beacon of democracy?Subscribe to the GZERO World Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your preferred podcast platform, to receive new episodes as soon as they're published.
- Podcast: US national security depends on domestic progress: Jane ... ›
- Podcast: Is the US misjudging the Middle East's power shifts? Vali ... ›
- Podcast: Can Europe Trust the US – Or Its Own Nations? German ... ›
- Podcast: From Bad to Worse: US/China Relations with Zanny Minton ... ›
- Podcast: Naked power politics challenge global democracy, says author Yascha Mounk - GZERO Media ›
- Podcast: Grading Biden on foreign policy with journalist Robin Wright - GZERO Media ›