Three years ago, Facebook changed its algorithms to mitigate online rage and misinformation. But it only made Facebook worse by boosting toxic engagement, says Nick Thompson, The Atlantic CEO & former WIRED editor-in-chief. Thompson believes Facebook simply got in over its head, rather than becoming intentionally "evil" like, say, Big Tobacco with cigarettes. "I think they just created something they couldn't control. And I think they didn't grasp what was happening until too late." Watch his interview with Ian Bremmer on the latest episode of GZERO World.
- LinkedIn right to shut down in China, says journalist Nick Thompson ... ›
- “Blood and glass" and the power of Big Tech - GZERO Media ›
- The Big Tech breakup: Could it happen? - GZERO Media ›
- Is Facebook like a car or a cigarette? - GZERO Media ›
- Facebook metaverse launch leads other Big Tech firms to focus on AR/VR - GZERO Media ›